Thursday, January 13, 2011
I thought that both of my girls would like to try this. Looks like easy fun!
Another song I'm loving!
And for my girls.
I've been processing a lot with the Lord lately and it has become very obvious that I need to hide God's Word in my heart way more than I do. This blog post is an encouragement in that direction. I am praying that Lord helps me to have more discipline in this area in my life.
This beautiful necklace is on my wishlist. I've been a Lisa Leonard fan for a while and recently gave my Mom one of her necklaces for Christmas. I think it would be lovely to have this word around my neck daily.
I'm thankful that no matter how defeated I feel in parenting I know that Christ is there to give me the strength to make it through, the wisdom to navigate through uncharted territory and the grace as I muddle through. This article was a great encouragement to me. I hope it is to you as well.
These are just cute and I know my girls would love to make them and eat them too.
Feeling burnout? Stressed? Trying to do it all? Maybe this post will help.
Homeschooling has been a humbling journey that has shown me more and more of my need for Him. As we've been schooling I've realized how important it is to plan and be organized....keeping order in our home. I'm definetly a work in progress but I'm slowly learning more about how this will work for our family. Here is a good post that may be encouraging to you as you try to bring order into your life.
I'm going to have Talia work on this soon.
Easy. Simple. Fun.
Am thinking of doing this with the girls. Wanting to cultivate thankfulness and contentment in their hearts too.
Kyle doesn't think these look yummy but I do :). May have to try them anyway.
Hope you all have a good week!!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
A little late in posting but that doesn't reflect the thankfulness in my heart.
51. Awesome thrift store finds
52. That my husband had six days in a row off during Christmas break
53. Making new family traditions
54. Keeping old ones too
55. Candy cane sugar cookies
56. Anticipation of vacation
57. How my husband loves me just the way I am
58. New recipes
59. Dinner out with dear friends
60. Having friends that know me and love me
62. The gift of repentance
63. A warm house
64. Mudslides (the drink not actual mudslides :) )
66. My girls imaginations
67. Seeing Christ soften hearts
68. ESV Study Bibles
69. The BBC miniseries "Wives & Daughters"
70. Not having to scrape windows to get to the gym
71. Family game night
72. Books that challenge, convict and encourage
73. Being a daughter of the King
74. The hope of heaven
75. Sugar cones filled with orange sherbert
76. Medical insurance
77. Band aids
78. Big salads with croutons (& no dressing)
79. God's faithfulness
80. Prayer journals
81. Ability to listen to a missed sermon online
82. Garmin forerunners
83. Having friends to confide in
84. Being a Mama
85. Sex (I'll say it too Abbey :) )
86. Handmade Christmas gifts from my girls
87. Getting together with dear friends to ring in the New Year
88. That football season is almost over :)
89. The thought of two weeks of no cooking or cleaning while in Florida
90. Friends who encouragement and challenge me at the same time
91. My husband's patience with me
92. Reconnecting with old friends on Facebook
93. Being able to spend the afternoon catching up with Joslyn
95.The peace that comes from knowing that God has a plan for my life
96. Watching Liliana play her guitar and pretending to be a rock star
97. Talia's thoughtfulness and compassion for others
98. My community group
100. Catching up with friends at Bunco
101. The mystery of the cross
102. Knowing that I'm not the same as I once was
103. Hearing His voice through music
104. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
105. My Mom's generosity
106. REI garage sales
107. Patty's Eggnest's breakfast
108. The promise that He will never leave nor forsake me
110. Homemade pizza dough
111. Chaco flip flops
113. Seeing Talia understand scripture
116. Smart wool socks
117. Sherpani bags
118. Francine Rivers
119. Handmade scarves
120. Digital cameras
121. Trying new foods and liking them
122. Lunch with friends after church
123. Idols exposed
124. Seeing a friends daughter perform at her musical theatre performance
125. Race confirmations
126. DVD Bibles
127. Toy Story Mania
130. Sweet text messages from my husband
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I'm always looking for easy and healthy breakfast ideas and I want to try to make this next week. It's on my menu planner already. My girls love oatmeal so I'm sure it'll be a hit.
This was an encouraging post. Being a mommy is really a golden season in my life but I too struggle with making time for the Lord. I'm thinking of doing the Bible Reading Plan for Shirkers and Slackers.
I have a weakness for hot chocolate so when I saw this I knew I would want to make it. Haven't done it yet but when I do I'm sure I'll letcha all know.
I'm LOVING this song. Speaks so much to my heart. I love how the Lord can use music to speak truth to us. Gonna add it to my running playlist.
I got this book for Christmas and it is good. If any of you know me you know that I am an avid skim reader or rather am guilty of reading through multiple books at one time. I'm committed to reading this book from cover to cover and am about halfway through. It is challenging, encouraging and God is using it to give me a new perspective on many things. I'm hoping to write further about it soon.
I made these for Bunco this week. They are easy to make, yummy and I love that they are little (built in portion control).
At risk for making many of these links food related here's another receipe I'm planning on trying out next week. Easy to make, yummy, cheesy lasgna. Sounds good to me!
How do you see interuptions in your life? A blessing...a frustration? This post was a fresh and good perspective.
Going to try to do these this month. I know the girls will enjoy them all!
My oldest Miss T LOVES all things sparkly and paint so we're going to be doing this very soon. She may be smiling all day after this project.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
I want to make these. Yum!!
I think my sweeties would love to make these and eat them too.
I'm not very crafty but I think it would be fun to make this for someone.
I love holiday traditions and am trying to build more into our family throughout the year. Here's an interesting article on building a family culture.
My girls and I could watch this over and over again....
Wouldn't these be fun to make?
These are a cute project for kids. I know Talia would love to make them!
I want to make this!
I've read this article several times to encourage myself on not pushing too many academics too soon. It's a good one.
A good read on teaching preschoolers at home.
I really want to read this book.
I'm loving this song & this one right now. I love it when they come up on my running playlist while I work out. I love how the Lord can use music to minister to our hearts and comfort us in our struggles. He is so good!
Monday, December 20, 2010
0011 Winter break
0012 Playing legos by the fire
0013 Still smiling after a weekend away with my husband
0014 Sleeping in
0015 Sharing drinks and hamburgers with Kyle @ happy hour
0016 Good discussions with great friends
0017 Friends who pray for me
0018 Sisters in Christ
0019 Time to be creative
0020 New slippers
0021 My in-laws
0022 Hearing all about my sweet girls time with their Grandparents
0023 Barbara's shredded oats (yum!)
0024 Counting down to Christmas
0025 White twinkle lights
0026 Rediscovering old books
0027 Netflix :)
0028 Wrapping presents
0029 Green monster smoothies
0030 Good PT reports
0031 Receiving Christmas cards in the mail
0032 Clean floors if only for a few minutes
0033 Rainy days at home
0034 Celebrating 10 years together
0035 His Grace is sufficient
0036 Hearing my daughters pray
0037 Catching up with old friends
0038 Carmel hot chocolate with sprinkles
0039 Walking the Loop
0040 Pike Place Market decaf cinnamon tea
0041 My identity in Christ
0043 Free shipping
0044 God & sinners reconciled
0045 Candy canes
0046 Quiet afternoons
0047 Dressing up in a new dress
0048 Maple old fashioned doughnuts
0049 Seat warmers in the van
0050 Staying home with my children